Jul 29, 2013

A Lundgren Interviw

In an interview that took place back at the start of the year but only published today by Den of Geek, when asked the question about EX3 this is what Lundgren had to say:



"And now inevitably going back to the guns… Expendables 2 was fantastic, have you had any update on The Expendables 3 yet? 
The only thing I’ve heard [about the cast] is there’s some new guys coming on, so I heard names like Wesley Snipes and Jackie Chan, people like that, Nicolas Cage, but I still don’t know anything for sure and I don’t know if I’m in it because I haven’t seen the script, but it certainly is a fun concept and it’s a fun thing to be involved in. It’s a lot of work, because you go off for four months to some godforsaken location, but Sly and I are friends and I enjoy working with him, it’s a lot of fun to work with him, so hopefully it’ll happen. 
When I spoke to you before about who you’d like to see in Expendables 2, you mentioned Van Damme, he then came aboard and was fantastic – have you got anyone in particular who you’d like to see in part three?
Haha! Let’s see… I mean look, there’s obviously guys who are my idols, like Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery and these guys, but there’s probably a slim chance of them being in it. I do like Wesley, I think he’s a good martial artist, he’s a good actor and Jackie Chan, of course, has a huge audience and is a fun guy, so he would add humour to it and you know he’s a terrific person. I met him a few times, a really nice guy and I know Sly likes him so… I’m not in the driver's seat on that one, so I can’t say, but any of the above would be great to work with.
I enjoyed working with Chuck Norris and Arnold and Bruce Willis and these guys, not just because the movie’s great, but just on a personal level, it’s fun to work with them because they’re icons and you put them all in one room and you get to part of that, that’s something you never forget, really. I’m not the only one to feel that way; I think most of the guys, (including the above) felt the same way, so I thought that was a fun part of the project, you kind of realise well it’s not going to happen too many more times in the history of film!  Are you going to get these type of guys in one room, sitting and talking action again – I don’t think so! [Laughs] Strapping on guns and grenades in some little tent in some place in Bulgaria! So it was cool to be there, it felt special you know?"

EXBlog Note: By now we know that Lundgren will be in EX3 with a bigger and badder role. He should start filming in Bulgaria in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment